Danfoss partnered with Robotas Technologies to streamline their PCB hand assembly process to achieve the following aims:
- Increase both the speed and quality of their PCB assembly.
- Reduce work cell change over time to a minimum.
- Interfacing with their bespoke MES system to create assembly work instructions on demand.
- Capture analytics on assembly process & change over times.
- To make the work cells ergonomic for Operators and easily reconfigured according to demand.
Creating a solution
Robotas achieved these goals by implementing Mascot Retrofit Systems, which provided:
- Laser guidance and component dispensers fitted to 10 brand new ASYS conveyorised work cells to poke-yoke their process and increase the speed of the assembly of PCBs.
- Motorized carousels and DPL (Dynamic Pick to Light) material dispensers were fitted on articulated arms to improve ergonomics for the Operators.
- A material setup software module was developed in conjunction with Danfoss which reduced setup/changeover time for new products to a minimum. The Material Setup module is now a part of Robotas core software.
- Robotas Workflow Software provided Danfoss with real-time data on the production setup and build time for each product built, down to the insertion time of each single component.
- Robotas integrated their Mascot software with Danfoss MES to enable the creation of their PCB work instructions, laser guidance and material delivery for each specific PCB build in real-time, on demand.
Danfoss has been able to consolidate more of its PCBA production to this line due the production efficiency and yield achieved by this new style of production line.